Thursday 4 October 2012

Thankful Thursday #5

Yesterday we welcomed a new baby girl, Amelia Zara, into our family. Today I'm thankful to be an Auntie to 4 nieces and 1 nephew : Yasmin, Gabriella, Luke, Charlotte and now Amelia!  Girl number 3 for my Big Brother. If she has as much personality and energy as her 2 Big Sisters and her Mom, my brother had better get used to being outnumbered and out-gunned in every future argument. Possibly used to it already. He may need to get a dog - they tend to listen and never argue.
I decided to use my Google skills to see if I could find him some advice from other Dads of Daughters. Even though he already has two sometimes just knowing someone else feels as you do can be gratifying and maybe you learn something in spite of what you think you know.

Anyway I discovered this beautiful blog written by a guy named Michael. He describes his blog like this:

'This blog is a combination of the parenting style I’m trying to adopt and my attempt to capture the numerous thoughts I have as the doting father of a beautiful and precious little young lady who I’d like to see grow up and mature into a strong and talented woman someday. When that happens, my hope is that she will look back fondly on her childhood and say that I added life to her years… she is certainly adding to mine.

For my first Father’s Day, Isabella gave me a mug that said I was the best daddy in the world. You probably have one too. If you won’t tell my little girl, I won’t tell yours.'

Is that not beautiful? Anyway Big Brother when you read this go read his 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters and see if you agree, pick up some tips or maybe you have your own to add?

I can't wait to meet this newest princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!