Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ride em Cowboy!

Tonight I'm going to talk to you about Saddlebags! No I'm not referring to the pair of pouches that hang over the back of a horse. I do wish the ones I am referring to were as easy to remove. Alas, they are not. I speak of the fat located around the hips, thighs and buttocks. 'Ahhh!' You declare. 'Those saddlebags!'
Yes, those very ones. 

Have you ever googled : Saddlebags? I did today. Avid Googler that I am and because a friend asked me what I meant when I said Saddlebags. Often I find my language is strange to the locals. They speak Australian after all and I still speak South African. English both may be but still we find ourselves lost in hours of translation. Even more fun when our friend who speaks Yorkshire English is around. I digress. I googled 'Saddlebags' . The descriptions are varied yet all equally horrific. I find words like 'unsightly', 'clumps' , 'excess' and the constant overuse of the word  'fat' horrific. I like to call it something far less horrifying  -  that bit on the tops of your legs that is always the last place you lose your extra weight. How did I do? 
If you don't know the word then I must presume that you like my friend today have never suffered from this 'bane to woman kind' (yes one site actually said that and I can't find the link now, just trust me!). 

Thankfully my friend is of the best kind. The kind that swears you do not possess these Saddlebags and I'm grateful that I have such friends in my life. Fear not for those of us, um, I mean those of you, who do possess that bit on the top of your legs you don't like there is hope. Google will help you locate many websites, YouTube videos and expert opinions telling you how to get rid of them. Me, well as I don't have them, I will just continue to submit to Kane Pain every week and continue RPM and Bodystep classes. I'm told RPMers and Steppers have the best legs.The person who tells me this has a scary glare so I choose to believe her. 

Have a happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!