Sunday 9 September 2012

Coffee, Kryptonite and halfway marks

Sunday is the only day all week I don't wake up to an alarm. I much prefer to wake up to the smell of coffee - especially when it is wafting from a big mug next to my bed. Coffee has to be one of my favourite aromas. Just the smell of it perks me up. It is up there with the smell of freshly baked bread and biscuits but I don't want to be anywhere near either of those right now. It would be torture! I live most of the time in a relatively low carb existence but during a Challenge there is nothing relative about it, it is an extremely low carb existence and some things need to be avoided. Completely. I can say no without any feeling of being deprived to alcohol, soft drinks, chips, fried foods, junk food, potatoes, pumpkin, rice, pasta and even chocolate. Biscuits, freshly baked. So hard to resist. My nemeses. My Kryptonite. My Achilles' heel. Seriously. As long as I don't smell them though I'm OK.

We are into the 5th week of a 12 week Challenge now. 13 more sleeps till the halfway weigh-in. Yes, I've started counting the sleeps. I'm excited. I can feel the changes in my body, in my fitness and want to see them in black and white. I want the measurements to reflect my hard work. It is the point of doing it - to improve, to achieve your goals. Even better is watching other people transform too. Often people don't realise how much they have changed and at the end of 12 weeks, when they see their results looking back at them in a photo or through their measurements or the size of the new pair of jeans the bought, it is an unbeatable feeling when you achieve something you set out to achieve. Even better when it improves your life. So I'm excited that we are getting so close to halfway. 


Another week draws to a close for me. Looking forward to the new week. Great things await. I can feel it. 


Catch you Monday! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!