Friday 31 August 2012

Friday fumblings

I almost let myself get away with not writing today. Almost. In fact I went to bed, said my good nights and set my alarm for my very early start. Yet here I find myself. Alone. In the dark. Writing. I felt compelled. Inspiration slapped me in the face. It is hard to sleep when your thoughts won't let you stop thinking about them. It feels good to be doing this again. I've missed it.

So my Friday is done. A good one. I spent time with my gorgeous 3 day old niece, Charlotte. The miracle of life. It is hard not to be in awe of it when you hold a little person in your arms. Through her eyes this old world is brand spanking new. Everything, an adventure for her brain. She is just starting on her story and I wish only for her to have one that ends with a happily ever after.

I know this isn't much but it is something. I feel better. I may be able to sleep now. I've got to be up early for Boot Camp in the morning. Good Night, Good Afternoon and Good morning - pick which one fits your day best but make it the first word that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!